Monday, September 6, 2010

See My Work in this Months Somerset Studio Magazine!

I'm so excited to share with you my work is featured in this months Somerset Studio Magazine! I'm honored to be included with so many other wonderful artists! Pick it up and check out ALL the fun pieces!
I could only wish that my photography was as beautiful as what they do.
This project is one of my all time favorites! It's a childhood memory of capturing fairies! The vintage style copper cages are crafted right here. Each cage is 100% copper treated with Liver of Sulphur for a distressed aged look. I chose this guage wire to resemble a look of a pecil sketched cage. The copper plate at the bottom of the cage displays the scientific name of the Fae...like you would find in the laboratory of the Faeologist! haha.
Display several together from chains to look like a laboratory!
Each of the clip fairies are created from vintage candle cups with my own hand crafted copper cages on top. These little creatures display anywhere you can clip them! Several fairies are marked with my Beware of the Fairies scull and crossbones due to their dangerous tendencies.
Be sure to look below at the other work displayed this month in the magazine...my Witches of West Windlewood!

11 comments:

Robin Thomas said...

Yay!!!! Double Yay!!! I loved your caged fairies!!!!!

Len said...

I love your quirky work. There is something that is charming, endearing, and a little bit, not much, dangerous!

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

Oh dear I am in love with your work very original & different. glad we connected. xoxo Laura

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congratulations, Lenae! I love your fairies!!!
:)
Zuzu

Natasha Burns said...

that's wonderful!!! congratulations, your work is amazing!

Unknown said...

I bought Sindri from your etsy shop before I even saw your fabulous article :)

Sandy xo

Francoise MELZANI LAURENTI said...

hi
there is an error for your link's blog on your website ...
Love your art !

Queerly Yours said...

Congratulations! I love all the detail and love that has so obviously gone into these...scientific names...skull and crossbones! Really fantastic!:D

Terri Gordon said...

Congratulations Lenae, your art is wonderful and it was beautiful in the magazine. I just picked up a copy of the magazine it was wonderful to see your beautiful art. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Terri

Daryl Benson said...

Hi

Congratulations Lenae, soak it up it's well deserved.

Daryl

Ruthie Redden said...

Congratulations Lena, they are very lovely too!

Post a Comment